Are you out of your teen years but wishing you could still correct your smile? Then we have good news for you: you can! More adults are seeking orthodontic treatment than ever before, with about 20 percent of all orthodontic patients being over the age of 21.
Why You Should Consider Adult Orthodontic Treatment
- Teeth that are poorly aligned wear unevenly and break easier
- People who have improper tooth alignment tend to lose teeth at an earlier age
- Crooked teeth make it harder to chew food well, causing digestive distress
- Jaws that are not aligned can develop TMJ/TMD
- When you look better, you feel better, and that confidence can impact your successfulness in life
You Have Options
Usually, when adults are hesitant to start orthodontic treatment, it is because they are worried about the look of braces. However, there are many types of appliances that can be used, some of which are fully invisible. Your options include:
- Clear braces
- Ceramic braces
- Self-ligating braces
- Lingual (behind the tooth) braces
- Invisible braces
To find out which appliances are best for your orthodontic care, schedule an appointment.